1965 Ford Mustang K code Fastback – Project
289 cu in Windsor 4V V8, 4 speed manual
Description & Details
1965 Ford Mustang K code Fastback 2+2 – PROJECT…
Non original engine – Original HiPo engine is no longer with the car.
It comes with a reported running 289 4V Windsor V8 and 4 speed top loader transmission. They are simply sitting in place for transport. The interior is set up to be 1965 Bright red.
It was painted in Ford F150 Indigo silver way back in 2000. It was then stored to enable the owner to save for the next stage of the restoration – unfortunately for them that day never came and they were forced by ill health to move the Mustang on.
It has a lot of new parts as well as the old original parts. Most of the old parts will require some refurbishment.
Door tag decode:
63A P 26 28K 31 5 5
- Model Year: 1965
- Body Style: 2-Door Fastback, Standard Bucket Seats
- Exterior Paint: Cascade Green
- Interior Trim: Black Vinyl
- Date: 28 October, First Year
- DSO: Cincinnati
- Rear Axle: 3.50:1
- Transmission: 4-Speed Manual
- Assembly Plant: Dearborn, MI
- Body Serial: 2-Door Fastback
- Engine: 289 Cu. In. V8 4 bbl. Hi-Performance
- Unit #: 336778
More photos available upon request
Will be sold as is.